Generally speaking, users of laboratory or pen ph meters know that the general pH meter electrode maintenance precautions are familiar with, but for the use of more complex industrial online pH meter products in the chemical production of electrodes, there is a slight difference. After all, the use of different places, the required electrode material is also different, the problem of how to protect the industrial pH meter electrode after use see the following complete analysis of Shanghai Rui Hao Technology Co., Ltd.
Industrial pH meter measuring electrodes are generally branched electrodes and glass electrodes. The reference electrode is generally a solid electrode or calomel electrode with stable performance and solid structure. With the development of the manufacturing process, most industrial pH meters now assemble measuring electrodes and reference electrodes together to form a composite electrode, making the electrodes more compact and easier to install.
1. Strontium electrode: Strontium electrode is the original electrode, which is made of pure spectrum germanium. This is a metal-metal oxide electrode. Its electrode potential results from the boundary between the metal and the oxide covering its surface
Face. This electrode is simple in structure and can be used to measure the pH of liquids that do not contain oxidizing media, semisolids, gels, and water-oil mixtures. The advantage of this electrode is its simple structure.
Fast response, no poisoning, cleaning of the electrode surface using a mechanical scraper type, good cleaning effect. The disadvantages are the low accuracy and the vulnerability to oxalate and metaphosphate.
2. Glass Electrodes: Glass electrodes are the most versatile measuring electrode in the industry and can be made in many forms and sizes depending on the application. When the glass electrode is in contact with the material under test, due to water
In the process, the membrane is in contact with water to form a hydration cross-layer. When the hydrogen ions enter or leave the glass membrane, the neutrality of the gel layer is destroyed, so that a potential is formed at the interface.
The magnitude of the potential depends on the activity of hydrogen ions in the solution layer. At the same time, the reference electrode is in contact with the solution to produce an approximately constant potential. In this way, a pair of electrodes that are in contact with the solution
There is a potential difference E, the size of which corresponds to the activity of H. Such as the above-mentioned Nernst membrane potential equation. Glass electrodes are relatively affected by temperature during use, so general industrial use
When used, the human thermal resistor should be inserted at the same time, and the measured temperature value (ie, resistance value) should be connected to the measurement circuit to compensate for the effect of temperature on the pH measurement. Glass electrode measurement accuracy is not better than
How to protect industrial pH electrodes after they are used:
1. Please do not put the pH electrode directly into water. Use the electrode mounting bracket or the flow cup. (Applicable to sink or flow installation).
2. Be sure to use the raw material tape (3/4 thread) before installation to make waterproof sealing work to prevent water from entering the PH electrode, causing a short circuit of the PH electrode cable.
3. After the electrode is connected to the meter, warm up the instrument for 30 minutes before performing calibration work.
4. When performing calibration of the working electrode, it should be noted that the electrode can not be placed flat and should be placed vertically. (Please point the electrode glass bulb down) to prevent deviation of the electrode MV data.
5, PH electrode life is one year, expired, please replace the electrode.
Industrial pH electrode maintenance:
1. When measuring, first wash in distilled water (or deionized water), and dry the water with filter paper to prevent impurities from being carried into the tested liquid. The electrode bulb and the liquid junction should be completely immersed in the tested liquid.
2. Wash the electrode when it is not in use, insert a protective sleeve with 3.5M solution, or insert the electrode into a container with 3.5M solution.
3, check the terminals are dry, if any contamination, please wipe with anhydrous alcohol, dry after use.
4, should avoid long-term immersion in distilled water or protein solution, and prevent contact with silicone grease.
5. When the electrode is used for a long time, its glass film may become transparent or with deposits. In this case, it may be washed with hydrochloric acid and rinsed with water.
6. It is recommended that the user cleans the electrode once a month and calibrate with the instrument.
7. When you use the above method to maintain and maintain the electrode, calibration procedures and normal measurement cannot be performed, indicating that the electrode has failed to recover. Please replace the electrode.
Customized Liquid Silicon Rubber Products
Food Grade Silicon Rubber Parts,Silicon Rubber Parts,Liquid Silicon Rubber Parts,Liquid Silicon Rubber Products
RKD Outdoor & Water Products Co., Ltd , https://www.rkdsports.com